The iPad is here!
I’m writing this post to give my early impressions of the iPad after using it for a few hours. To sum it up: Wow!
First off, it isn’t heavy by computer standards but after holding it in the air for a while, 1.5 pounds does get a little heavy. Now that the weight is out of the way, this device is amazing! There are so many things I like about the iPad that it really is hard to know where to start.
- Beautiful screen: The screen is absolutely stunning.
- Natural Feel: The gestures like pinch & zoom and flicking pictures really shine on this device.
- Surprising Experiences: I spent some time using the USA today app, and something I had never paid attention to before took my breath away–the pictures of the day were truly breathtaking. The level of detail and color was awe-inspiring.
- Amazing Video Content: I’m just scratching the surface but ABC has most of their shows available in an app and Netflix has a great app which is really nice to watch movies with.
- Great apps: There is a great list of apps on launch. Some people will complain that the apps cost a bit more, but developers have to eat! Seriously, a little higher price means developers can put more effort into making better apps
- Games rock: No one will be surprised but games really shine on this device. I could play Tapulous Radiation for hours!
- Battery Life: I’ve already used the iPad for hours and the battery is just barely dented.
- Surprising Sound: The speakers surprised me when using the Pandora app. They really sounded pretty good!
I really almost don’t know what to say but I’m not impressed, I’m blown away! It’s not perfect and I’m sure version two will be better, but I sure will have fun this year using mine while some wait for version 2.